Friday, April 5, 2013

West Point


Today I visited West Point for the first time in my life.  I recall riding past it on the other side of the Hudson river on a train.  Today, Kathy and I traveled here for a wedding I will be officiating this weekend.

There is so much history here.  It was hard to even begin to grasp.  How many young cadets have passed through here, serving this country that we love with their all.  Tomorrow, I am blessed to perform the marriage of two graduates. 

The parents of the bride are both graduates.  In fact, they currently live on post.  I looked out the window of their home to a spectacular view of the Hudson river.  I saw young soldiers running and enjoying a beautiful day. 

In another surreal moment, I met the bride’s younger brother who is a sophomore here, following the footsteps of his Mom, Dad, and older Sister.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.  I admire these soldiers for many reasons. 

From one generation to another, we pass on faith, values, courage, and hope.  It’s been a wonderful day.  I’m confident tomorrow will be as well.  Lord you are good.  I am very grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment